Mower Race Regulations 2013
· Mowers must be made by a known manufacturer
- Must maintain the original shape with the axles in the same general positions.
- Overall mower width must not exceed 38”at its widest point when measured to the outside of body or outside of tyre faces. Mowers built pre September 2012 will be exempt for the 2013 season but must be modified for start of 2014 season.
- Any strengthening must be discreet & out of sight.
- All Blades/Cutting decks etc must be removed; no form of cutting mechanisms should be present
- No sharp edges, spikes or nudge bars.
- Mowers must have a standard unmodified mower engine Max 18hp (but not necessarily from the same type chassis) and be mounted in the same general area.
- Allowable modifications are, removal or disconnection of Governor, Air Filter, Spark Plug and Exhaust.
- Committee reserve the right to test the hp if a team is showing a clear speed advantage
- Belts and exhausts must be concealed or covered
- Fuel tanks fastened down
- All mowers must have engine cut out switches attached to the driver by a tether at all times
- Engines must have strong throttle return springs
Transmission, Tyres & Brakes
- No restriction on transmission type but must have a operational clutch
- Must have effective brakes
- Tyres no restrictions
- No competitors under the age of 16.
- No deliberate shoving, ramming, pushing or dangerous driving on the track, failure to comply will result in a black flag or an appropriate penalty decided by the Clark of the Course.
- Only competitor’s, mechanics & club members who have signed on will be allowed in the pit area,
- You must wear a kite marked crash helmets. Gloves, goggles, arm & leg covering & proper foot wear are advised
- Teams must all have a dry powder fire extinguisher on hand in their pit box as all times.
- The Clerk of the Course & the Mechanical Scrutineers decision is final.
- Alcohol levels of drivers should be no higher than what would be legal to drive on public roads.
Please note these regulations are for local races only and do not comply with The British or North West Lawn Mower Racing Associations regulations. If you are thinking of going further a field to race you should check their build rules and regulations.